Monday, February 20, 2017

God's timing can be a funny thing sometimes!

I wrote that last blog post on Wednesday, when I was still in the village, and published it on Friday morning, when I returned to the city and the world of internet. 

I didn't yet know how much my life was about to change in the following 24 hours. Honestly, if I had any idea about what was to come, I might have crawled into bed and tried to hide.

Friday, I received a very hurtful and, quite frankly, hateful accusatory message from someone who I considered my friend here. Being a high feeler, it shattered me and left me sobbing and asking what I did to deserve that. A question, unfortunately, I still do not have the answer to.  

Saturday, I was presented with an ultimatum that changed everything. The decision I felt God leading me to was one that left me without a place to stay long-term and with separation from almost everything and everyone I had come to know here.

I got lost in selfishness and emotions and threw a pity party. I sat on a bed and silently sobbed for probably close to an hour.

Then, with the words of a total thinker personality telling me to basically get it together, I got up and started seeking God's direction.

Within an hour, I had a place to live; I officially closed on the negotiations for my house!
Though it still needs a final interior paint job and a deep cleaning before I try to furnish it, I had a place to sleep that night and for the next three months. 
God provided a house to make into my home at the exact hour that I needed it.


Even though almost everyone I knew was leaving for the village in less than an hour to spend a week there, I had an instant family support system around me. 

The family compound where my house sits, has two young boys who immediately came to check on me. They sat with me until around 10 p.m, when I said I had to go to sleep because I was dozing after an emotional draining day. But the very next morning, they were outside waiting on my veranda for me. They told me they would help me with anything I wanted or needed and the youngest even said he wanted to teach me how to cook, specifically how to bake a cake, if I would be staying a while. I assured him I would have plenty of time to make some cakes.



Family members that I have begun to call my own, were made aware of my situation and told I might call them at any time, if I felt lonely. They all offered to welcome me into their houses for as long as I wanted, whenever I wanted.



I received "random" messages from friends in country asking about my coming to see them at their ministry this week- something I had never thought of, for some reason. Their words were full of love, support, and reassurance that God will provide. Multiple times, he mentioned my being part of their family and how I would never be alone in Uganda. They had no idea what I had just experienced. 



I was shocked at how quickly everything I had become comfortable with had fallen apart in just over 24 hours. But, it was very clear that God was in control during it all. Within hours of my world seemingly crumbling, God used to broken pieces to put it together in a different way.

Maybe one day, I will default my mind to remember that Jehovah Jireh is my great provider and his plans are so much better than my own.

Maybe one day, I won't throw pity parties and get down when the world throws junk at me and I'll instinctively seek God for my next step.

I pray that one day those things will happen.
I know it wasn't the way things went this weekend, but I know (and God knows) that I'm a work in progress and God will give me chances time and time again to make that heart posture my default.

So, as of right now, everything has changed, once again.

I'm no longer a roaming nomad; I have a beautiful two-bedroom house to make into my home.
I have a large network of friends and family, both in country and in America, that are rallying around me in the easy times and in the hard times.
I do not have a ministry that I am committed to all day, every day, but I have opportunities to serve with some of my favorite people and places whenever I want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I am so thankful that God provided this beautiful, two-bedroom house for me to call my own! It has, however, added slightly to both my monthly and one-time expenses. At around $130 a month, my cost of living will be exceeding my current monthly pledged amount. I am also in need of one-time donations to purchase a few things to make this house a home- like a burner, saucepan, and utensils for cooking, a few chairs/small couch for myself and visitors to sit in the front room, and a shelf for my clothing and personal items in my bedroom. I have been allowed to use the mattresses for the time being, but will have to eventually give those back to the owner and purchase my own. To be able to purchase these things, I am in need of an additional $200.

If you can help me make this beautiful house a home, please use the link to make a tax-deductible one time or monthly donation:  https://worldoutreach.org/index.php/missionary-support-2 

(As you can see, there are still a few finishing touches to complete the house, like repainting all the rooms and giving it a final clean. That is why I wasn't originally going to be able to move in for a few weeks, but they are finishing those things right now while I am at the cafe.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jehovah Jireh
My provider
His grace is sufficient
For me

My God shall supply all my needs
According to His riches in glory
He will give His angels
Charge over me

Jehovah Jireh cares for me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me

No comments:

Post a Comment